Meyer Boswell Books, Inc.
A searchable bookshop,
specializing in antiquarian law books
Meyer Boswell Books Search Results Page
Database last updated on Thu Mar 31 13:29:11 2022
Matching records found:
Searching prices :
$Any to $Any
Searching books added :
At Any Date
- Palmer, John?
- The Attorney and Agent's New Table of Costs In the Courts of King's Bench and Common Pleas: Containing The Fees and Disbursements on the Part of the Plaintiff and Defendant, in the Prosecution and Defence of Actions real, personal, and mixed [etc.]. 2d ed
- Printed by Gilbert and Plummer; and sold by T. Whieldon [etc.], London, 1787.
- A rare edition of an enormously successful work, the first to explain to a practitioner how to prepare a bill of costs, treating of patents, bankruptcy, probate, criminal proceedings, and the exchequer inter alia; no copy in ESTC, one in OCLC
- Original paper backed boards, rubbed, the joints cracking but holding, clean and unsophisticated in original state; the Taussig copy
- Book No.:
- $ 950.00
- courts, habeas corpus, criminal law, patents, bankruptcy, Wills, Doctors Commons
- A Short and True Relation concerning the Soap-busines. Containing the severall Patents, Proclamations, Orders, whereby the Soapemakers of London . . . were damnified, by the Gentlemen that were the Patentees for Soape at Westminster [etc.]. Wing S3555
- Printed for Nicholas Boure at . . . the Royall Exchange, London, 1641.
- Part of the great outcry against monopolies and patents granted by the Crown, here applied to a new method of manufacturing soap, inflating its price to the public, and ultimately contributing to the patents' dismantling by the Long Parliament
- Modern gilt lettered calf, definite browning, the joints rubbed and the front joint just cracking, but firm, without the final blank; a good copy
- Book No.:
- $ 850.00
How to Order BooksIf your browser supports and is set to accept cookies, you can click the 'Add to Order' button next to the selection you would like to order. The system will show you all the books in your shopping cart. If you wish to order additional books from this page, you may use the 'Back' button on your browser to return to this page from the Shopping Cart page.
If your browser does not support cookies or you choose not to accept them, you may use our previous non-cookie ordering system.
Alternately, you may order by sending an e-mail note, or by contacting us directly by phone or FAX.
If you do send a FAX, please make sure to include your full shipping address, a credit card number and expiration date, and the "Order No" of the volumes you would like. Also, please make sure to leave a phone number so that we can contact you in the event we encounter any problems filling your order.