Meyer Boswell Books, Inc.
A searchable bookshop,
specializing in antiquarian law books
Meyer Boswell Books Search Results Page
Database last updated on Fri Sep 17 11:50:23 2021
Matching records found:
Searching prices :
$Any to $Any
Searching books added :
At Any Date
- Jacob, Giles
- Lex Mercatoria: Or, the Merchant's Companion. Containing all the Laws and Statutes Relating to Merchandize . . . Privateers, Piracy . . . With An Introduction, setting forth the Laws of Nature and of Nations, Dominion of the Sea [etc.]. Second Edition
- Printed by E. and R. Nutt, and R. Gosling [etc.], London, 1729.
- The final, expanded edition of the first general treatise devoted to the law merchant to be written by a common law lawyer, adding a chapter on the sea laws of Oleron and Rhodes and another as a dictionary devoted to law and mercantile terms
- Contemporary calf, rebacked, somewhat rubbed, else quite clean and well-preserved; the Taussig copy
- Book No.:
- $ 1150.00
- Commercial Law, international law, natural law, law of piracy
- Bacon, Francis
- Three Speeches of The Right Honorable, Sir Francis Bacon Knight, then his Majesties Sollicitor Generall . . . Concerning the Post-Nati, Naturalization of the Scotch in England, Union of the Lawes of the Kingdomes [etc.]. Wing B337; Gibson 206
- Printed by Richard Badger, for Samuel Broun [etc.], London, 1641.
- Much of the fruits of Bacon's first major post (as Solicitor General to James I), "an important step in the development of his jurisprudence" and in forming his theory of natural law, all expressions of James' proposed union of England and Scotland
- Modern speckled calf, double blind ruled, gilt ruled and lettered, somewhat browned, else well preserved with excellent margins; the Taussig copy
- Book No.:
- $ 1500.00
- SCOTLAND, Comparative Law, natural law, jurisprudence
- Saint Germain, Christopher
- The Dialogue in English, betweene a Doctor of Divinitie, and a Student in the Lawes of England. Newly corrected and Imprinted with new Additions. S.T.C. 21582.5
- Printed by the Assignes of John More, Esquire, London, 1638.
- An early 17th century edition of the first classic of English equity and the first work on legal philosophy and natural law written in England, "a brilliant, comprehensive and intellectually satisfying attempt to construct a systematic theory of law"
- Contemporary sheep, later label, the spine quite rubbed with three small holes, a fourth small hole in one leaf, ex Gloddaeth Library; the Taussig copy
- Book No.:
- $ 450.00
- equity, 16TH CENTURY, philosophy of law, natural law
- Dagge, Henry
- Considerations on Criminal Law [with] a contemporary review of the work extracted from the May, 1772, issue of The Monthly Review
- Printed for T. Cadell, in the Strand, London, 1772.
- Dagge's pioneering application of natural law to criminal law, examining the writings of Grotius, Hobbes, Pufendorf, and Montesquieu, expanding the latter's tripartite division (executive, legislative, and judicial) to a fourth -- the jury
- Contemporary calf, with the bookplate of Michael Kearney, Fellow Trinity College Dublin, especially clean and well preserved; the Taussig copy
- Book No.:
- $ 750.00
- criminal law, philosophy of law, natural law, juries
How to Order BooksIf your browser supports and is set to accept cookies, you can click the 'Add to Order' button next to the selection you would like to order. The system will show you all the books in your shopping cart. If you wish to order additional books from this page, you may use the 'Back' button on your browser to return to this page from the Shopping Cart page.
If your browser does not support cookies or you choose not to accept them, you may use our previous non-cookie ordering system.
Alternately, you may order by sending an e-mail note, or by contacting us directly by phone or FAX.
If you do send a FAX, please make sure to include your full shipping address, a credit card number and expiration date, and the "Order No" of the volumes you would like. Also, please make sure to leave a phone number so that we can contact you in the event we encounter any problems filling your order.