Meyer Boswell Books, Inc.
A searchable bookshop,
specializing in antiquarian law books
Meyer Boswell Books Search Results Page
Database last updated on Fri Sep 17 11:50:23 2021
Matching records found:
Searching prices :
$Any to $Any
Searching books added :
At Any Date
- The Grounds and Rudiments of Law and Equity . . . Containing a Collection of Rules or Maxims, with the Doctrine upon them . . . The Whole Designed to reduce the Knowledge of the Laws of England to a more regular Science [etc.]. Folio
- Printed by Henry Lintot . . .for Daniel Browne [and three others], London, 1749.
- First edition of a collection of over 500 maxims, principally in English or Latin, the last early effort to explore and convey English law through this method, the maxims often examined at length, with a general analysis followed by particular cases
- Contemporary calf, neatly rebacked, exceptionally bright and clean with ample margins; the Taussig copy
- Book No.:
- $ 950.00
- Griffith, William
- Institutes of the Jurisdiction and of the Equity Jurisprudence and Pleadings of the High Court of Chancery . . . and with a Concise View of the Equity Jurisdiction of the County Courts
- H. Sweet, 3, Chancery Lane, Fleet Street [etc.], London, 1868.
- Only edition of a work written by a Gray's Inn barrister, expressly patterned on Justinian, with a chapter on maxims, several on trusts, on married women ("connubium"), contracts ("commercium"), infants and lunatics ("civitas"), and fraud
- Modern blue buckram, gilt, some browning, else well-preserved; a presentation copy ("Owens College / from / The Author")
- Book No.:
- $ 450.00
- equity, maxims, fraud, infants, insanity, trusts and estates, marriage
- Clark, George
- The Penal Statutes Abridged, and Alphabetically Arranged . . . To Which is Prefixed, A Collection of Maxims and Rules for the proper Exposition of Statutes . . . The Second Edition, with Great Additions . . . By George Wilson, Serjeant at Law. Not in Cowley
- Printed for Fielding and Walker [and two others], London, 1777.
- The rare, expanded edition, arranged alphabetically and prefaced by 58 maxims, specifying an offense's nature and penalties (for first and subsequent offenses) and the number of witnesses and magistrates needed for conviction; five copies in ESTC
- Contemporary calf, rubbed, rebacked, the spine gilt ruled and blind decorated, with a crimson morocco label, gilt, clean and crisp; the Taussig copy
- Book No.:
- $ 850.00
- criminal law, Abridgements, maxims
How to Order BooksIf your browser supports and is set to accept cookies, you can click the 'Add to Order' button next to the selection you would like to order. The system will show you all the books in your shopping cart. If you wish to order additional books from this page, you may use the 'Back' button on your browser to return to this page from the Shopping Cart page.
If your browser does not support cookies or you choose not to accept them, you may use our previous non-cookie ordering system.
Alternately, you may order by sending an e-mail note, or by contacting us directly by phone or FAX.
If you do send a FAX, please make sure to include your full shipping address, a credit card number and expiration date, and the "Order No" of the volumes you would like. Also, please make sure to leave a phone number so that we can contact you in the event we encounter any problems filling your order.