Meyer Boswell Books, Inc.
A searchable bookshop,
specializing in antiquarian law books
Meyer Boswell Books Search Results Page
Database last updated on Fri Sep 17 11:50:23 2021
Matching records found:
Searching prices :
$Any to $Any
Searching books added :
At Any Date
- Free Customes, Benefits and Priviledges of the Copyhold Tennants, of the Mannors of Stepny and Hackny in the Countie of Middlesex . . . Before Which is Prefixed an Abstract or Briefe Relation of the Assurance Given . . . said Tennants. S.T.C. 23254
- At London printed by William Iones, London, 1617.
- A rare work, part of the still disputed history of East London, setting forth in great detail the rights, obligations, and limits to copyhold tenure there, here including the names of over 300 tenants; one copy in ESTC in North America
- Contemporary gilt bordered calf, rebacked, marbled endpapers and pastedowns, definite browning, two leaves skilfully repaired; the Taussig copy
- Book No.:
- $ 1250.00
- copyright, London, 16TH CENTURY
- Imber, Matthew
- The Case . . . of the Customs of the Mannor of Merdon . . . which are to be Observed and Performed by the Lord and the Customary Tenants . . . Inrolled in the Honourable Court of Chancery [including] some remarkable Passages, Suits at Law and in Equity [&c.]
- No Publisher Stated, London, 1707.
- Sole edition recording the results of the litigation between Cromwell's grandson (also Oliver) and his tenants over the scope of the latter's customary, historic rights in the only estate not seized from Cromwell's son, Richard, at the Restoration
- Contemporary speckled sheep, neatly rebacked, definite browning, lacking an initial (?blank) leaf if called for, else quite sound; the Taussig copy
- Book No.:
- $ 650.00
- copyright, Real Property, trials, equity
How to Order BooksIf your browser supports and is set to accept cookies, you can click the 'Add to Order' button next to the selection you would like to order. The system will show you all the books in your shopping cart. If you wish to order additional books from this page, you may use the 'Back' button on your browser to return to this page from the Shopping Cart page.
If your browser does not support cookies or you choose not to accept them, you may use our previous non-cookie ordering system.
Alternately, you may order by sending an e-mail note, or by contacting us directly by phone or FAX.
If you do send a FAX, please make sure to include your full shipping address, a credit card number and expiration date, and the "Order No" of the volumes you would like. Also, please make sure to leave a phone number so that we can contact you in the event we encounter any problems filling your order.