Meyer Boswell Books, Inc.
A searchable bookshop,
specializing in antiquarian law books
Meyer Boswell Books Search Results Page
Database last updated on Wed May 5 16:24:42 2021
Matching records found:
Law the stockmarket
Searching prices :
$Any to $Any
Searching books added :
At Any Date
- Plowden, Francis
- A Treatise upon the Law of Usury and Annuities
- Printed for J. Butterworth, Fleet-Street, London, 1797.
- Only edition of a work Holdsworth calls a "very good book", critical of "the ingenious Mr. Bentham", Plowden noting that annuities had been used to evade usury laws, with his complementary analysis of stock transactions for time and stock jobbing
- Contemporary calf, rebacked, quite scuffed, the original label laid down, else quite clean and bright with ample margins; the Taussig copy
- Book No.:
- $ 1250.00
- law of usury, Law and the stockmarket
- Keyser, Henry
- The Law Relating to Transactions on the Stock Exchange
- Henry Butterworth, 7, Fleet Street [etc.], London, 1850.
- Only edition of a work written on the eve of the dramatic half-century transforming the London Stock Exchange, expanding its transactions beyond government and railway securities to commercial and industrial stocks safeguarded by limited liability
- Original cloth, neatly rebacked, printed paper label, some browning and general wear, else a good copy; with a 16 page Butterworth catalogue appended
- Book No.:
- $ 950.00
- economics, Law and the stockmarket
- An Act for restraining and preventing several unwarrantable Schemes and Undertakings in His Majesty's Colonies and Plantations in America [14 Geo II c.37]
- Printed by John Baskett [etc.], London, 1741.
- The extension to the American colonies of the famous act passed in the midst of the South Sea Bubble economic crisis of 1720, the original act described by Maitland as one which "seems to scream at us from the statute book"; no copy in the UK in ESTC
- ?Original sewn wraps, disbound, title page + pages 683 to 687, a very little marginal staining, else quite clean with good margins; the Taussig copy
- Book No.:
- $ 325.00
- Acts, colonies, fraud, Law and the stockmarket
How to Order BooksIf your browser supports and is set to accept cookies, you can click the 'Add to Order' button next to the selection you would like to order. The system will show you all the books in your shopping cart. If you wish to order additional books from this page, you may use the 'Back' button on your browser to return to this page from the Shopping Cart page.
If your browser does not support cookies or you choose not to accept them, you may use our previous non-cookie ordering system.
Alternately, you may order by sending an e-mail note, or by contacting us directly by phone or FAX.
If you do send a FAX, please make sure to include your full shipping address, a credit card number and expiration date, and the "Order No" of the volumes you would like. Also, please make sure to leave a phone number so that we can contact you in the event we encounter any problems filling your order.