Meyer Boswell Books, Inc.
A searchable bookshop,
specializing in antiquarian law books
Meyer Boswell Books Search Results Page
Database last updated on Fri Sep 17 11:50:23 2021
Matching records found:
Searching prices :
$Any to $Any
Searching books added :
At Any Date
- Acts Passed at the First Session of the Twenty-Third Congress of the United States
- N.p., [Washington], .
- With an appendix containing the text of treaties with Russia, Chile, and eight Indian tribes
- A soiled but usable copy, original wraps absent, but signatures still firmly sewn; edges trimmed
- Book No.:
- $ 45.00
- Acts, indian law
- Luhadiya, K.C. (ed.)
- A Handbook of Municipal Laws (Volume 1) (Amended up to 31st January, 1963)
- Rajasthan Local Self Govt. Institute, Jaipur.
- A sound copy in a worn dustjacket
- Book No.:
- $ 25.00
- Sheppard, William
- The Offices and Duties of Constables, Borsholders, Tything-men, Treasurers of the County-stock, Overseers for the Poore, and other lay-Ministers. Whereunto are adjoyned the severall Offices of Church-Ministers and Churchwardens. Wing S3200
- Printed by Ric. Hodgkinsonne . . . for William Cooke [etc.], London, 1641.
- First edition of Sheppard's first work, anticipating his many efforts as Cromwell's law reformer and "containing an important part of his philosophy of government", including two chapters on prisons and a final two (100+ pages) on church officials
- Contemporary sheep, somewhat rubbed, neatly rebacked, the original flyleaves (with jottings and squiggles) preserved, quite crisp; the Taussig copy
- Book No.:
- $ 1250.00
- English Commonwealth, INDIA, Religion, poor law, prisons
How to Order BooksIf your browser supports and is set to accept cookies, you can click the 'Add to Order' button next to the selection you would like to order. The system will show you all the books in your shopping cart. If you wish to order additional books from this page, you may use the 'Back' button on your browser to return to this page from the Shopping Cart page.
If your browser does not support cookies or you choose not to accept them, you may use our previous non-cookie ordering system.
Alternately, you may order by sending an e-mail note, or by contacting us directly by phone or FAX.
If you do send a FAX, please make sure to include your full shipping address, a credit card number and expiration date, and the "Order No" of the volumes you would like. Also, please make sure to leave a phone number so that we can contact you in the event we encounter any problems filling your order.