Meyer Boswell Books, Inc.
A searchable bookshop,
specializing in antiquarian law books
Meyer Boswell Books Search Results Page
Database last updated on Sun Jul 11 16:10:43 2021
Matching records found:
Searching prices :
$Any to $Any
Searching books added :
At Any Date
- The Contentes of this boke. Fyrste the boke for a Justice of peace. The boke that teacheth to kepe a court Baron, or a lete [and] a courte hundred. The boke[s] called returna Brevium [and] Carta Foedi [and] the kynge's Escheker [etc.]. S.T.C. 14877
- In aedibus Thomae Bertheleti [imprints vary], London, 1544.
- The collection of highly practical treatises designed for justices of the peace, sheriffs, bailiffs and other local officials, this being the edition selected by Holdsworth as representative, its contents termed "a useful handbook [and] essential"
- Modern speckled calf, all edges gilt, bound by Sangorski & Sutcliffe, Huntington Library duplicate, quite clean and even luscious; the Taussig copy
- Book No.:
- $ 6750.00
- justices of peace, Every Man Law Books, courts, Exchequer, sheriffs, Forms & Form Books
- Savile, John
- Les Reports de Sir Iohn Savile Chevalier, Nadgairis Baron de l'Exchequer, Divers Special Cases cybien en le Court de Common Bank, Come l'Exhequer En le Temps de Royne Elizabeth [etc.]. Wing S778. Folio
- Printed for George Pawlet, and are to be sold by Robert Vincent, London, 1688.
- The reissue of the reports attributed to Savile, barrister, reader, serjeant at law and, ultimately, a baron of the Exchequer, with his reports devoted in significant part to that court; with both the imprimatur leaf and the advertising leaf
- Early 1/4 calf over cloth, crimson morocco label, gilt, rubbed, with Theron Metcalf's clipped ownership signature, dated 1818, on the front pastedown
- Book No.:
- $ 140.00
- reports of cases, Exchequer
- Manley, William]
- A Collection Of The Laws of the Customs Now in Force, To prevent Frauds and Abuses in the Revenue . . . Being An Abridgement of several Acts of Parliament . . . Wherein are contained The Powers given by the Laws now in Force [etc.]. Goldsmiths 7924
- Printed by Thomas Baskett . . . for Robert Vincent [etc.], London, 1742.
- A rare work, seeking to provide "outdoor officers" with sufficient legal knowledge to stem fraud, digesting the laws from the 14th century onwards, providing opinions of counsel on doubtful points, and listing the legal wharfs; three copies in RLIN
- ?Later 1/2 calf, rubbed, title clipped, else a good untrimmed copy
- Book No.:
- $ 850.00
- economics, Abridgements, justices of peace, Exchequer, international law
How to Order BooksIf your browser supports and is set to accept cookies, you can click the 'Add to Order' button next to the selection you would like to order. The system will show you all the books in your shopping cart. If you wish to order additional books from this page, you may use the 'Back' button on your browser to return to this page from the Shopping Cart page.
If your browser does not support cookies or you choose not to accept them, you may use our previous non-cookie ordering system.
Alternately, you may order by sending an e-mail note, or by contacting us directly by phone or FAX.
If you do send a FAX, please make sure to include your full shipping address, a credit card number and expiration date, and the "Order No" of the volumes you would like. Also, please make sure to leave a phone number so that we can contact you in the event we encounter any problems filling your order.