Meyer Boswell Books, Inc.
A searchable bookshop,
specializing in antiquarian law books
Meyer Boswell Books Search Results Page
Database last updated on Fri Sep 17 11:50:23 2021
Matching records found:
Anglo Saxon law
Searching prices :
$Any to $Any
Searching books added :
At Any Date
- Lambarde, William
- Archaionomia, Sive De Priscis Anglorum Legibus libri, Sermone Anglico, vetustate Antiquissimo, aliquot ab hinc seculis conscripti, Nunc demum, magno Jurisperitorum, & amantium Antiquitatis omnium commodo, etenebris in lucem vocati. Wing A3605. Folio
- Ex Officina Rogeri Daniel, celeberrimae Academiae [etc.], Cantabrigiae, 1644.
- Lambarde's first work, and only the second printed in Old English with Anglo-Saxon type, first published in 1568, in the words of Felix Liebermann crediting Lambarde as "a pioneer in an unknown land", as he translated the Anglo-Saxon laws into Latin
- Contemporary calf, rubbed, the joints cracking but firm, a good copy; with a bifolium laid in discussing degrees of honor and titles; the Taussig copy
- Book No.:
- $ 1400.00
- Anglo-Saxon law, Acts
- Saltern, George
- Of the Antient Lawes of great Britaine. S.T.C. 21635
- Printed [by Edward Allde] for Iohn Iaggard [etc.], London, 1605.
- Only edition of the tract written by a Middle Temple barrister, appearing as the union of England and Scotland was contested, "unique in its singular focus on demonstrating the existence of a British common law tradition from the mists of antiquity"
- Modern vellum, the title slightly darkened with its lower margin cut close (no text affected), the Huth copy with his bookplate; the Taussig copy
- Book No.:
- $ 2500.00
- Anglo-Saxon law, Law and Literature
- A Briefe Discourse Concerning The Power of the Peeres, and Commons of Parliament, in point of Judicature. Written by a Learned Antiquerie, at the Request of a Peere, of this Realme. S.T.C. 22166. Quarto
- Printed in the yeer, That Sea-Coale was exceeding deare, London, 1640.
- A work variously attributed to John Selden, Robert Cotton, and another, surveying the rise of Parliament's judicial and political powers from the Anglo-Saxon centuries forward, with one allusion to ancient Athens and express reliance upon Magna Carta
- ?Original self wraps, disbound, four ink blotches and a few marks to the title, one horizontal fold, else clean with good margins; the Taussig copy
- Book No.:
- $ 350.00
- Parliament, Magna Carta, ancient law, Anglo-Saxon law
How to Order BooksIf your browser supports and is set to accept cookies, you can click the 'Add to Order' button next to the selection you would like to order. The system will show you all the books in your shopping cart. If you wish to order additional books from this page, you may use the 'Back' button on your browser to return to this page from the Shopping Cart page.
If your browser does not support cookies or you choose not to accept them, you may use our previous non-cookie ordering system.
Alternately, you may order by sending an e-mail note, or by contacting us directly by phone or FAX.
If you do send a FAX, please make sure to include your full shipping address, a credit card number and expiration date, and the "Order No" of the volumes you would like. Also, please make sure to leave a phone number so that we can contact you in the event we encounter any problems filling your order.