Meyer Boswell Books, Inc.
A searchable bookshop,
specializing in antiquarian law books
Meyer Boswell Books Search Results Page
Database last updated on Fri Sep 17 11:50:23 2021
Matching records found:
Searching prices :
$Any to $Any
Searching books added :
At Any Date
- Caesar, Julius
- The Ancient State, Authoritie, and Proceedings of the Court of Requests. 2. Octob. 1596. S.T.C. 4341. Quarto
- Printed by the deputies of C. Barker, London, 1597.
- Only edition of the principal work of the most prominent civil lawyer of his generation, his "learned historical essay" (in Sir John Baker's words), part of the long struggle between the common lawyers, Coke first among them, and the civilians
- Modern calf, some staining mainly to the upper margin, cut somewhat close, catchwords occasionally affected (legibility maintained); the Taussig copy
- Book No.:
- $ 2250.00
- 17TH CENTURY
- Milton, John
- Areopagitica, A Speech of Mr. John Milton for the Liberty of Unlicensed Printing to the Parliament of England
- Deighton, Bell and Company, Cambridge, 1973.
- Quite a lovely, modern private press printing of Milton's classic, even transcendant, advocacy of freedom of the press and the right to publish without prior restraint; printed on mould-made paper, and designed by Sebastian Carter
- A unique designer binding by Wendy Ewan Roberts, in Niger morocco and natural vellum in a clam shell box, with a letter from Ms Roberts laid in
- Book No.:
- $ 850.00
- 17TH CENTURY, freedom of press
How to Order BooksIf your browser supports and is set to accept cookies, you can click the 'Add to Order' button next to the selection you would like to order. The system will show you all the books in your shopping cart. If you wish to order additional books from this page, you may use the 'Back' button on your browser to return to this page from the Shopping Cart page.
If your browser does not support cookies or you choose not to accept them, you may use our previous non-cookie ordering system.
Alternately, you may order by sending an e-mail note, or by contacting us directly by phone or FAX.
If you do send a FAX, please make sure to include your full shipping address, a credit card number and expiration date, and the "Order No" of the volumes you would like. Also, please make sure to leave a phone number so that we can contact you in the event we encounter any problems filling your order.