Meyer Boswell Books, Inc.
A searchable bookshop,
specializing in antiquarian law books
Meyer Boswell Books Search Results Page
Database last updated on Fri Sep 17 11:50:23 2021
Matching records found:
Searching prices :
$Any to $Any
Searching books added :
Within last 30 days
- Milton, John
- Areopagitica, A Speech of Mr. John Milton for the Liberty of Unlicensed Printing to the Parliament of England
- Deighton, Bell and Company, Cambridge, 1973.
- Quite a lovely, modern private press printing of Milton's classic, even transcendant, advocacy of freedom of the press and the right to publish without prior restraint; printed on mould-made paper, and designed by Sebastian Carter
- A unique designer binding by Wendy Ewan Roberts, in Niger morocco and natural vellum in a clam shell box, with a letter from Ms Roberts laid in
- Book No.:
- $ 850.00
- 17TH CENTURY, freedom of press
- Anno Regni Jacobi II . . . Primo. At the Parliament begun at Westminster the Nineteenth Day of May, Anno Dom. 1685. in the First Year of the Reign of Our Most Gracious Sovereign Lord James [etc.]. ESTC 228908 and 215404
- Printed by the Assigns of John Bill deceas'd [and two others], London, 1685.
- A seemingly previously unrecognized variant printing of the acts of the sole parliament of James II, combining the first edition of the table with the acts themselves, including that [c.2] attainting the Duke of Monmouth for high treason
- Contemporary calf, the spine elaborately gilt, the boards somewhat scarred, else well preserved with generous margins; the Taussig copy
- Book No.:
- $ 650.00
- Acts, criminal law, Parliament
- Lambarde, William
- A Perambulation of Kent: Conteining the description, Hystorie, and Customes of that Shyre. Collected and written . . . in the yeare, 1570 . . . and nowe increased by the addition of some things which the Authour him selfe hath observed [etc.]. STC 15175.5
- Imprinted . . . for Ralphe Newberie . . . in Fleetestreet [etc.], London, 1576.
- The rare first edition variant of the first English county history, "pioneer[ing] the writing of local history" in England, praised as based on wide and critical reading and "packed with learned information [and] eminently readable"
- Modern calf, the spine extra gilt, red edges, well preserved and with good margins, with the map, one copy in ESTC in North America; the Taussig copy
- Book No.:
- $ 4500.00
How to Order BooksIf your browser supports and is set to accept cookies, you can click the 'Add to Order' button next to the selection you would like to order. The system will show you all the books in your shopping cart. If you wish to order additional books from this page, you may use the 'Back' button on your browser to return to this page from the Shopping Cart page.
If your browser does not support cookies or you choose not to accept them, you may use our previous non-cookie ordering system.
Alternately, you may order by sending an e-mail note, or by contacting us directly by phone or FAX.
If you do send a FAX, please make sure to include your full shipping address, a credit card number and expiration date, and the "Order No" of the volumes you would like. Also, please make sure to leave a phone number so that we can contact you in the event we encounter any problems filling your order.