Meyer Boswell Books, Inc.
A searchable bookshop, specializing in antiquarian law books
Meyer Boswell Books - Book Detail Page
- Bramston, James
- Ignorami Lamentatio super Legis Communis Translationem Ex Latino in Anglicum . . . cui adjicitur, Index Expositorius locupletissimus Voces Communis Legis Angliae In hoc opere usitatas Exponens & Explanans. A variant printing not in ESTC [see imprint]
- Vendit hunc Librum Gilliverus, Cujus Insigne est Homerus, London, 1736.
- The spoof written by a Middle Templar turned clergyman (known to Pope who praised him in The Dunciad), "a high-spirited satire on lawyers, written in dog Latin hexameters", closing with a dictionary of about 100 law terms translated from the Latin
- Modern 1/4 calf over marbled boards, the spine double gilt ruled and lettered, some browning, else well preserved with ample margins; the Taussig copy
- Book No.:
- $ 850.00
- Poetry, humor, legal dictionaries
How to Order BooksIf your browser supports and is set to accept cookies, you can click the 'Add to Order' button next to the selection you would like to order. The system will show you all the books in your shopping cart. If you wish to order additional books from this page, you may use the 'Back' button on your browser to return to this page from the Shopping Cart page.
If your browser does not support cookies or you choose not to accept them, you may use our previous non-cookie ordering system.
Alternately, you may order by sending an e-mail note, or by contacting us directly by phone or FAX.
If you do send a FAX, please make sure to include your full shipping address, a credit card number and expiration date, and the "Order No" of the volumes you would like. Also, please make sure to leave a phone number so that we can contact you in the event we encounter any problems filling your order.