Meyer Boswell Books, Inc.
A searchable bookshop, specializing in antiquarian law books
Meyer Boswell Books - Book Detail Page
- Dagge, Henry
- Considerations on Criminal Law [with] a contemporary review of the work extracted from the May, 1772, issue of The Monthly Review
- Printed for T. Cadell, in the Strand, London, 1772.
- Dagge's pioneering application of natural law to criminal law, examining the writings of Grotius, Hobbes, Pufendorf, and Montesquieu, expanding the latter's tripartite division (executive, legislative, and judicial) to a fourth -- the jury
- Contemporary calf, with the bookplate of Michael Kearney, Fellow Trinity College Dublin, especially clean and well preserved; the Taussig copy
- Book No.:
- $ 750.00
- criminal law, philosophy of law, natural law, juries
How to Order BooksIf your browser supports and is set to accept cookies, you can click the 'Add to Order' button next to the selection you would like to order. The system will show you all the books in your shopping cart. If you wish to order additional books from this page, you may use the 'Back' button on your browser to return to this page from the Shopping Cart page.
If your browser does not support cookies or you choose not to accept them, you may use our previous non-cookie ordering system.
Alternately, you may order by sending an e-mail note, or by contacting us directly by phone or FAX.
If you do send a FAX, please make sure to include your full shipping address, a credit card number and expiration date, and the "Order No" of the volumes you would like. Also, please make sure to leave a phone number so that we can contact you in the event we encounter any problems filling your order.