Meyer Boswell Books, Inc.
A searchable bookshop, specializing in antiquarian law books
Meyer Boswell Books - Book Detail Page
- Brydall, John
- The Clergy Vindicated, or the Rights and Privileges That belong to them, Asserted; According to the Laws of England. More Paritcularly, touching the Sitting of Bishops in Parliament; and their making Proxies in Capital Cases. Wing B5255. Folio
- Printed by E.T. and R.H., London, 1679.
- Sole edition of the only work of Brydall's exclusively devoted to English ecclesiastical law, "reflect[ing his] very wide range of jurisprudential expertise", succinctly describing the rights, powers, and duties of both superior and inferior clergy
- Modern paper boards, printed paper label, somewhat marked, some browning, mainly lightish, else well preserved with ample margins; the Taussig copy
- Book No.:
- $ 650.00
- Religion, criminal law, capital punishment, Parliament
How to Order BooksIf your browser supports and is set to accept cookies, you can click the 'Add to Order' button next to the selection you would like to order. The system will show you all the books in your shopping cart. If you wish to order additional books from this page, you may use the 'Back' button on your browser to return to this page from the Shopping Cart page.
If your browser does not support cookies or you choose not to accept them, you may use our previous non-cookie ordering system.
Alternately, you may order by sending an e-mail note, or by contacting us directly by phone or FAX.
If you do send a FAX, please make sure to include your full shipping address, a credit card number and expiration date, and the "Order No" of the volumes you would like. Also, please make sure to leave a phone number so that we can contact you in the event we encounter any problems filling your order.