Meyer Boswell Books, Inc.
A searchable bookshop, specializing in antiquarian law books
Meyer Boswell Books - Book Detail Page
- An Answer To the severall Petitions Of late exhibited to the High Court of Parliament, And to his Excellency the Lord Generall Cromwell, By the poor Husband-men, Farmers, and Tenants . . . of England, for the taking away of Tithes, paid to Priests [etc.]
- Printed for J.M. and J.A. at the Bell in St. Pauls Church-yard, London, 1652.
- One of two subjects of proposed major reform during the Commonwealth (the other the reform of the law), neither accomplished until the 19th century, this tract defending the existing, compulsory payment of tithes to support the established church
- Modern 1/4 crimson morocco, definite browning but sound, with the Fairfax of Cameron bookplate, Wing A3446, the Second Impression; the Taussig copy
- Book No.:
- $ 550.00
- Religion, agriculture, landlord and tenant, poor law, Parliament, English Commonwealth, legal reform
How to Order BooksIf your browser supports and is set to accept cookies, you can click the 'Add to Order' button next to the selection you would like to order. The system will show you all the books in your shopping cart. If you wish to order additional books from this page, you may use the 'Back' button on your browser to return to this page from the Shopping Cart page.
If your browser does not support cookies or you choose not to accept them, you may use our previous non-cookie ordering system.
Alternately, you may order by sending an e-mail note, or by contacting us directly by phone or FAX.
If you do send a FAX, please make sure to include your full shipping address, a credit card number and expiration date, and the "Order No" of the volumes you would like. Also, please make sure to leave a phone number so that we can contact you in the event we encounter any problems filling your order.