Meyer Boswell Books, Inc.
A searchable bookshop, specializing in antiquarian law books
Meyer Boswell Books - Book Detail Page
- March, John
- March's Actions for Slander and Arbitrements. The First, Being A Collection . . . of what Words are Actionable in the Law . . . and of the Nature of A Libel. The Other, A Discourse, shewing what Arbitrements are good in Law [etc.]. Wing M573
- Printed for Elizabeth Walbancke . . . in Grayes-Inn Lane, London, 1674.
- The expanded edition of a pioneering work, rightly claiming to be the first treatise on two separate subject matters--slander (and libel) and arbitration--and, in Holdsworth's words, "an able attempt to extract some general principles from the cases"
- Contemporary sheep, neatly rebacked, very light browning, else quite clean with the bookplates of the Earl of Roden and Rob Jocelyn; the Taussig copy
- Book No.:
- $ 1250.00
- libel and slander, torts, arbitration
How to Order BooksIf your browser supports and is set to accept cookies, you can click the 'Add to Order' button next to the selection you would like to order. The system will show you all the books in your shopping cart. If you wish to order additional books from this page, you may use the 'Back' button on your browser to return to this page from the Shopping Cart page.
If your browser does not support cookies or you choose not to accept them, you may use our previous non-cookie ordering system.
Alternately, you may order by sending an e-mail note, or by contacting us directly by phone or FAX.
If you do send a FAX, please make sure to include your full shipping address, a credit card number and expiration date, and the "Order No" of the volumes you would like. Also, please make sure to leave a phone number so that we can contact you in the event we encounter any problems filling your order.