Meyer Boswell Books, Inc.
A searchable bookshop, specializing in antiquarian law books
Meyer Boswell Books - Book Detail Page
- Dugdale, William
- The Antient Usage In Bearing of such Ensigns of Honour As are commonly call'd Arms. With a Catalogue of the present Nobility of England. To which is added, A Catalogue of the present Nobility of Scotland and Ireland. The Second Edition [etc.]. ESTC R231444
- Printed at the Theater, for Moses Pitt [etc.], Oxford, 1682.
- The penultimate work to appear during the life of Dugdale, whom Holdsworth pairs with Hale, "form[ing] a partnership between law and history from which both had profited"; with the folding plate and the separate parts devoted to Scotland and Ireland
- Original sheep, quite rubbed, with the extensive catalogue (pp 194-210) of the works printed at the Theater from 1672, when it began; the Taussig copy
- Book No.:
- $ 150.00
- Genealogy, law of heraldry, IRELAND, SCOTLAND
How to Order BooksIf your browser supports and is set to accept cookies, you can click the 'Add to Order' button next to the selection you would like to order. The system will show you all the books in your shopping cart. If you wish to order additional books from this page, you may use the 'Back' button on your browser to return to this page from the Shopping Cart page.
If your browser does not support cookies or you choose not to accept them, you may use our previous non-cookie ordering system.
Alternately, you may order by sending an e-mail note, or by contacting us directly by phone or FAX.
If you do send a FAX, please make sure to include your full shipping address, a credit card number and expiration date, and the "Order No" of the volumes you would like. Also, please make sure to leave a phone number so that we can contact you in the event we encounter any problems filling your order.