Meyer Boswell Books, Inc.
A searchable bookshop, specializing in antiquarian law books
Meyer Boswell Books - Book Detail Page
- Clayton, John (rptr.)
- Reports and Pleas of Assises at York. Held before several Judges in that Circuit, With Some Precedents useful for Pleaders at the Assises: Never englished before [etc.]. ESTC N12810 [six copies, two in North America]
- Printed by S. Powell, For Edward Hamilton . . . High-street, Dublin, 1741.
- The rare, sole Irish edition of the first named 'nisi prius'reports (those heard away from Westminster), first appearing in 1651, with the emphasis that the law be in English and accessible to all, in sympathy with the Commonwealth's goals of reform
- Contemporary calf, rebacked, rubbed, ex-Faculty of Procurators in Glasgow with its gilt stamp on the front board, very crisp; the Taussig copy
- Book No.:
- $ 350.00
- reports of cases, TRINIDAD, pleading, legal reform, English Commonwealth, IRELAND
How to Order BooksIf your browser supports and is set to accept cookies, you can click the 'Add to Order' button next to the selection you would like to order. The system will show you all the books in your shopping cart. If you wish to order additional books from this page, you may use the 'Back' button on your browser to return to this page from the Shopping Cart page.
If your browser does not support cookies or you choose not to accept them, you may use our previous non-cookie ordering system.
Alternately, you may order by sending an e-mail note, or by contacting us directly by phone or FAX.
If you do send a FAX, please make sure to include your full shipping address, a credit card number and expiration date, and the "Order No" of the volumes you would like. Also, please make sure to leave a phone number so that we can contact you in the event we encounter any problems filling your order.