Meyer Boswell Books, Inc.
A searchable bookshop, specializing in antiquarian law books
Meyer Boswell Books - Book Detail Page
- The Modern Parish Officer . . . A Work essentially necessary for Constables, Churchwardens, Overseers of the Poor, Surveyors of the Highways, Justices of the Peace, Attornies, Headboroughs, Tithingmen, Sidesmen, Vestrymen, Scavengers [etc.]. ESTC N5044
- Printed by W. Strahan, and M. Woodfall [etc.], London, 1774.
- The rare first edition of a work aimed at local officials -- and at the general public as a safeguard against them -- "who too frequently want to exercise an Authority which they are not warranted to do by law"; four copies in ESTC, one in the UK
- Contemporary calf, neatly rebacked, crimson morocco label, double gilt ruled and lettered, very clean with good margins; the Taussig copy
- Book No.:
- $ 450.00
- criminal law, Religion, poor law, law of highways, justices of peace, Every Man Law Books
How to Order BooksIf your browser supports and is set to accept cookies, you can click the 'Add to Order' button next to the selection you would like to order. The system will show you all the books in your shopping cart. If you wish to order additional books from this page, you may use the 'Back' button on your browser to return to this page from the Shopping Cart page.
If your browser does not support cookies or you choose not to accept them, you may use our previous non-cookie ordering system.
Alternately, you may order by sending an e-mail note, or by contacting us directly by phone or FAX.
If you do send a FAX, please make sure to include your full shipping address, a credit card number and expiration date, and the "Order No" of the volumes you would like. Also, please make sure to leave a phone number so that we can contact you in the event we encounter any problems filling your order.