Meyer Boswell Books, Inc.
A searchable bookshop, specializing in antiquarian law books
Meyer Boswell Books - Book Detail Page
- Farley, Edward
- Imprisonment for Debt Unconstitutional and Oppressive, Proved from the Fundamental Principles of the British Constitution, and the Rights of Nature. ESTC T37076
- Printed for the Author. And Sold by T. Hookham [etc.], London, 1788.
- First (and most extensive) edition of a work central to the burgeoning movement to abolish imprisonment for debt, widely read, contending that the lawyers "have done more harm to this country than the plague, the pestilence, or the sword of tyrants"
- Contemporary speckled calf, neatly rebacked, ex-Wadsworth Library with its bookplate and circular blind stamp, very clean; the Taussig copy
- Book No.:
- $ 650.00
- bankruptcy, prisons, legal reform, Imprisonment for Debt
How to Order BooksIf your browser supports and is set to accept cookies, you can click the 'Add to Order' button next to the selection you would like to order. The system will show you all the books in your shopping cart. If you wish to order additional books from this page, you may use the 'Back' button on your browser to return to this page from the Shopping Cart page.
If your browser does not support cookies or you choose not to accept them, you may use our previous non-cookie ordering system.
Alternately, you may order by sending an e-mail note, or by contacting us directly by phone or FAX.
If you do send a FAX, please make sure to include your full shipping address, a credit card number and expiration date, and the "Order No" of the volumes you would like. Also, please make sure to leave a phone number so that we can contact you in the event we encounter any problems filling your order.