Meyer Boswell Books, Inc.
A searchable bookshop, specializing in antiquarian law books
Meyer Boswell Books - Book Detail Page
- An Essay on the Amendment, and Reduction, of the Laws of England. For the Ease of the Subject, the Advancement of Justice, and Regulating the Profession of the Law [also to appear in editions of 'Law Quibbles']. ESTC N30349 [one copy]
- Printed by E. and R. Nutt, and R. Gosling . . . for Thos. Corbett, London, 1724.
- The rare, only separate printing of a substantial proposal to reform English law and the English legal profession, "clearly the work of an informed and responsible critic", and influential on the work of the Society of Gentlemen Practisers from 1739
- Modern 1/4 mottled calf over marbled boards, black morocco label, double gilt ruled and lettered, well preserved; the Taussig copy
- Book No.:
- $ 850.00
- legal reform, Bench and Bar
How to Order BooksIf your browser supports and is set to accept cookies, you can click the 'Add to Order' button next to the selection you would like to order. The system will show you all the books in your shopping cart. If you wish to order additional books from this page, you may use the 'Back' button on your browser to return to this page from the Shopping Cart page.
If your browser does not support cookies or you choose not to accept them, you may use our previous non-cookie ordering system.
Alternately, you may order by sending an e-mail note, or by contacting us directly by phone or FAX.
If you do send a FAX, please make sure to include your full shipping address, a credit card number and expiration date, and the "Order No" of the volumes you would like. Also, please make sure to leave a phone number so that we can contact you in the event we encounter any problems filling your order.