Meyer Boswell Books, Inc.
A searchable bookshop, specializing in antiquarian law books
Meyer Boswell Books - Book Detail Page
- Hawkins, John [Edward Cocker]
- The Young Clerk's Tutor Enlarged: Being a most useful Collection of the best Presidents . . . with Directions of Writs of Habeas Corpus . . . To which is annexed, several of the best Copies both of Court and Chancery Hands now Extant by Edward Cocker. 8th ed
- Printed for, and are to be sold by Thomas Basset &c. Wing C4859A, London, 1675.
- A work of considerable variety and popularity, printed in some seventeen editions in the second half of the 17th century, its preface signed "J.H.", Hawkins likely responsible for the text, with Edward Cocker, a noted calligrapher, for the plates
- Modern 3/4 calf over marbled boards, some browning, without the first blank but with the four plates, quite sound and usable; the Taussig copy
- Book No.:
- $ 400.00
- Forms & Form Books, Every Man Law Books, habeas corpus, conveyancing, introductory law
How to Order BooksIf your browser supports and is set to accept cookies, you can click the 'Add to Order' button next to the selection you would like to order. The system will show you all the books in your shopping cart. If you wish to order additional books from this page, you may use the 'Back' button on your browser to return to this page from the Shopping Cart page.
If your browser does not support cookies or you choose not to accept them, you may use our previous non-cookie ordering system.
Alternately, you may order by sending an e-mail note, or by contacting us directly by phone or FAX.
If you do send a FAX, please make sure to include your full shipping address, a credit card number and expiration date, and the "Order No" of the volumes you would like. Also, please make sure to leave a phone number so that we can contact you in the event we encounter any problems filling your order.