Meyer Boswell Books, Inc.
A searchable bookshop, specializing in antiquarian law books
Meyer Boswell Books - Book Detail Page
- A Briefe Declaration For What manner of speciall Nusance concerning private dwelling houses, a man may have his remedy . . .Opinions of foure famous Sages [Manwood, Monson, Plowden, and Wray] [with] The Iustices of Assise their Opinion [etc.]. Quarto
- Printed for William Cooke [etc.]; STC 6453 [including this copy], London, 1636.
- The arguments in a seminal case on the law of nuisance [Hale's Case], including nonfeasance as nuisance, followed by the resolutions of the justices on 35 queries involving the poor, including vagrants, rogues, bastards, and infants inter alia
- Modern calf, gilt lettered, light browning else well preserved, the Kenney copy with its shelf label, without the final blank; the Taussig copy
- Book No.:
- $ 1250.00
- justices of peace, Religion, poor law, law of nuisance, criminal law, Juvenile Law
How to Order BooksIf your browser supports and is set to accept cookies, you can click the 'Add to Order' button next to the selection you would like to order. The system will show you all the books in your shopping cart. If you wish to order additional books from this page, you may use the 'Back' button on your browser to return to this page from the Shopping Cart page.
If your browser does not support cookies or you choose not to accept them, you may use our previous non-cookie ordering system.
Alternately, you may order by sending an e-mail note, or by contacting us directly by phone or FAX.
If you do send a FAX, please make sure to include your full shipping address, a credit card number and expiration date, and the "Order No" of the volumes you would like. Also, please make sure to leave a phone number so that we can contact you in the event we encounter any problems filling your order.