Meyer Boswell Books, Inc.
A searchable bookshop, specializing in antiquarian law books
Meyer Boswell Books - Book Detail Page
- Lex Londinensis; or, The City Law. Shewing the Powers, Customs and Practice Of all the several Courts Belonging to the Famous City of London . . . Together With several Acts of Common Councel, very useful and necesary to be known by all [&c]. Wing L1858
- Printed by S. Roycroft for Henry Twyford [etc.], London, 1680.
- Only edition of an early work devoted to London and its courts, ten of which are treated, including the Lord Mayor's Court, the Court of Hustings, the Sheriffs Court, the Court of Alderman, the Court of Conscience, and the Orphan's Court inter alia
- Contemporary blind panelled calf, red edges, somewhat rubbed, neatly repaired, else quite clean with ample margins; the Taussig copy
- Book No.:
- $ 850.00
- London, courts, infants, Religion, sheriffs
How to Order BooksIf your browser supports and is set to accept cookies, you can click the 'Add to Order' button next to the selection you would like to order. The system will show you all the books in your shopping cart. If you wish to order additional books from this page, you may use the 'Back' button on your browser to return to this page from the Shopping Cart page.
If your browser does not support cookies or you choose not to accept them, you may use our previous non-cookie ordering system.
Alternately, you may order by sending an e-mail note, or by contacting us directly by phone or FAX.
If you do send a FAX, please make sure to include your full shipping address, a credit card number and expiration date, and the "Order No" of the volumes you would like. Also, please make sure to leave a phone number so that we can contact you in the event we encounter any problems filling your order.