Meyer Boswell Books, Inc.
A searchable bookshop, specializing in antiquarian law books
Meyer Boswell Books - Book Detail Page
- Davies, John
- The Question Concerning Impositions, Tonnage, Poundage, Prizage, Customs, &c. Fully stated and argued, from Reason, Law, and Policy. Dedicate To King James . . . By Sir John Davies, His then Majesties Attourney Generall. Wing D407A; Sowerby 2954
- Printed by S.G. for Henry Twyford, in Vine-Court [etc.], London, 1656.
- First edition of Davies' ingenious invocation of international law, the law merchant, and canon and civil law to buttress James I's sovereign claims to impose customs upon international trade absent Parliamentary agreement; with the advertising leaf
- Modern 1/4 calf over marbled boards, tne binding somewhat strained, two ink blots on the title, some browning, usable and sound; the Taussig copy
- Book No.:
- $ 850.00
- international law, canon law, Parliament, Commercial Law
How to Order BooksIf your browser supports and is set to accept cookies, you can click the 'Add to Order' button next to the selection you would like to order. The system will show you all the books in your shopping cart. If you wish to order additional books from this page, you may use the 'Back' button on your browser to return to this page from the Shopping Cart page.
If your browser does not support cookies or you choose not to accept them, you may use our previous non-cookie ordering system.
Alternately, you may order by sending an e-mail note, or by contacting us directly by phone or FAX.
If you do send a FAX, please make sure to include your full shipping address, a credit card number and expiration date, and the "Order No" of the volumes you would like. Also, please make sure to leave a phone number so that we can contact you in the event we encounter any problems filling your order.