Meyer Boswell Books, Inc.
A searchable bookshop, specializing in antiquarian law books
Meyer Boswell Books - Book Detail Page
- Sheppard, William
- The Parsons Guide: Or the Law of Tythes. Wherein is shewed, Who must pay Tythes, and to whom, and of what things, When, and How they must be paid, and how they may be recovered at this day, and how a man may be discharged of payment thereof. Wing S3206
- Printed for W. Lee, H. Twyford, T. Collins [and two others], London, 1670.
- Penultimate edition of Sheppard's work initially written to support the Protectorate's financial exigencies, Sheppard contending in this expanded edition that "the origins of tithes were founded in English custom, dating to the ancient Saxon church"
- Original unlettered sheep, rubbed but quite clean, presentation copy--"For Simon Degge" [whose Parsons Counsellor appeared in 1676]; the Taussig copy
- Book No.:
- $ 850.00
- Religion, Inscribed or Presentation Copy
How to Order BooksIf your browser supports and is set to accept cookies, you can click the 'Add to Order' button next to the selection you would like to order. The system will show you all the books in your shopping cart. If you wish to order additional books from this page, you may use the 'Back' button on your browser to return to this page from the Shopping Cart page.
If your browser does not support cookies or you choose not to accept them, you may use our previous non-cookie ordering system.
Alternately, you may order by sending an e-mail note, or by contacting us directly by phone or FAX.
If you do send a FAX, please make sure to include your full shipping address, a credit card number and expiration date, and the "Order No" of the volumes you would like. Also, please make sure to leave a phone number so that we can contact you in the event we encounter any problems filling your order.