Meyer Boswell Books, Inc.
A searchable bookshop, specializing in antiquarian law books
Meyer Boswell Books - Book Detail Page
- Herbert, William
- Antiquities of the Inns of Court and Chancery; Containing Historical and Descriptive Sketches Relative to Their Original Foundation, Customs, Ceremonies, Buildings, Government. With a Concise History of English Law. Embellished with Twenty-Four Plates
- Printed for Vernor and Hood, Poultry; J. Storer [etc.], London, 1804.
- One of the few early works on the Inns of Court and the only one from the early 19th century singled out for mention by Holdsworth; with several prefatory chapters on English law, its judges and courts, types of trial, and 24 engravings
- Contemporary speckled calf, rebacked, marbled endpapers and pastedowns, a large paper copy (210x270mm), two bookplates and a modern signature; handsome
- Book No.:
- $ 675.00
- Inns of Court, English Law, biography, courts, trials
How to Order BooksIf your browser supports and is set to accept cookies, you can click the 'Add to Order' button next to the selection you would like to order. The system will show you all the books in your shopping cart. If you wish to order additional books from this page, you may use the 'Back' button on your browser to return to this page from the Shopping Cart page.
If your browser does not support cookies or you choose not to accept them, you may use our previous non-cookie ordering system.
Alternately, you may order by sending an e-mail note, or by contacting us directly by phone or FAX.
If you do send a FAX, please make sure to include your full shipping address, a credit card number and expiration date, and the "Order No" of the volumes you would like. Also, please make sure to leave a phone number so that we can contact you in the event we encounter any problems filling your order.