Meyer Boswell Books, Inc.
A searchable bookshop, specializing in antiquarian law books
Meyer Boswell Books - Book Detail Page
- The Arguments upon the Writ of Habeas Corpus, In the Court of Kings Bench. Wherein, Are learnedly discussed, not onely the severall Branches of the said Writ, but also many Authorities as well of the Common as Statute Law [etc.]. Wing A3649. Quarto
- Printed by M.F. for W. Lee, M. Walbancke, D. Pakeman [etc.], London, 1649.
- The arguments in one of the leading cases in the history of habeas corpus, leading directly to the Petition of Right and its famous clause that "[n]o freeman was to be imprisoned or detained", closely circumscribing the King's power to impair liberty
- Modern 1/4 calf, gilt lettered, light browning, margins cut close (text unaffected), else well preserved with the first blank; the Taussig copy
- Book No.:
- $ 850.00
- habeas corpus, English constitutional law
How to Order BooksIf your browser supports and is set to accept cookies, you can click the 'Add to Order' button next to the selection you would like to order. The system will show you all the books in your shopping cart. If you wish to order additional books from this page, you may use the 'Back' button on your browser to return to this page from the Shopping Cart page.
If your browser does not support cookies or you choose not to accept them, you may use our previous non-cookie ordering system.
Alternately, you may order by sending an e-mail note, or by contacting us directly by phone or FAX.
If you do send a FAX, please make sure to include your full shipping address, a credit card number and expiration date, and the "Order No" of the volumes you would like. Also, please make sure to leave a phone number so that we can contact you in the event we encounter any problems filling your order.