Meyer Boswell Books, Inc.
A searchable bookshop, specializing in antiquarian law books
Meyer Boswell Books - Book Detail Page
- Fortescue, John
- De Laudibus Legum Angliae . . . Hereto are Added the two Sums of Sir Ralph de Hengham . . . commonly call'd Hengham Magna, & Hengham Parva. With Notes both on Fortescue and Hengham, by that Famous and Learned Antiquarie John Selden. Wing F1613
- Printed by John Streater, Eliz. Flesher and H. Twyford [etc.], London, 1672.
- A work which has been placed "among the classics of English constitutional theory", written in the late 15th century, this edition bearing Selden's notes; with the Latin text and English translation and much on the Inns of Court and on trial by jury
- Contemporary calf, the boards gilt ruled, neatly rebacked, crimson morocco label gilt ruled and lettered, quite clean and fresh; the Taussig copy
- Book No.:
- $ 850.00
- jurisprudence, 15TH CENTURY, Inns of Court, juries
How to Order BooksIf your browser supports and is set to accept cookies, you can click the 'Add to Order' button next to the selection you would like to order. The system will show you all the books in your shopping cart. If you wish to order additional books from this page, you may use the 'Back' button on your browser to return to this page from the Shopping Cart page.
If your browser does not support cookies or you choose not to accept them, you may use our previous non-cookie ordering system.
Alternately, you may order by sending an e-mail note, or by contacting us directly by phone or FAX.
If you do send a FAX, please make sure to include your full shipping address, a credit card number and expiration date, and the "Order No" of the volumes you would like. Also, please make sure to leave a phone number so that we can contact you in the event we encounter any problems filling your order.