Meyer Boswell Books, Inc.
A searchable bookshop, specializing in antiquarian law books
Meyer Boswell Books - Book Detail Page
- Chappel, Capt. Samuel
- A Diamond or Rich Jewel, To the Common-wealth of England, For inriching of the Nation; being necessary for the use of all Marchants and Tradesmen, and advantagious to the poor: Wherein is declared a way [with eight reforms proposed]. Wing C1955. Quarto
- Printed by John Clowes, against the Lower Pump in Grubstreet, London, 1651.
- Sole edition of Chappel's only work, an idiosyncratic tract written from debtor's prison, but proposing some real reforms, including a national bank, an insurance fund (to protect against pirates), expansion of the fishing trade, and cheap salt
- Modern 3/4 morocco, gilt, definite browning, top margin cut close, without the coat of arms preceding the title, textually complete; the Taussig copy
- Book No.:
- $ 2500.00
- legal reform, banks, bankruptcy, economics, poor law, insurance law, law of piracy, English Commonwealth
How to Order BooksIf your browser supports and is set to accept cookies, you can click the 'Add to Order' button next to the selection you would like to order. The system will show you all the books in your shopping cart. If you wish to order additional books from this page, you may use the 'Back' button on your browser to return to this page from the Shopping Cart page.
If your browser does not support cookies or you choose not to accept them, you may use our previous non-cookie ordering system.
Alternately, you may order by sending an e-mail note, or by contacting us directly by phone or FAX.
If you do send a FAX, please make sure to include your full shipping address, a credit card number and expiration date, and the "Order No" of the volumes you would like. Also, please make sure to leave a phone number so that we can contact you in the event we encounter any problems filling your order.