Meyer Boswell Books, Inc.
A searchable bookshop, specializing in antiquarian law books
Meyer Boswell Books - Book Detail Page
- Egerton, Thomas, Lord Ellesmere
- The Priviledges and Prerogatives of the High Court of Chancery. Written by the Right Honovrable Thomas Lord Elsmere, late Lord Chancellour of England. Wing E540. Quarto
- Printed for Henry Sheapheard, London, 1641.
- Sole edition of Ellesmere's influential work composed in the summer of 1615, "full of learning and reason", achieving the supremacy of Chancery and its decrees and a major part of the effort leading to Coke's dismissal as Lord Chief Justice in 1616
- Modern 3/4 calf over marbled boards, green morocco label, gilt, some light browning and foxing, else quite crisp; the Taussig copy
- Book No.:
- $ 1250.00
- equity, Magna Carta
How to Order BooksIf your browser supports and is set to accept cookies, you can click the 'Add to Order' button next to the selection you would like to order. The system will show you all the books in your shopping cart. If you wish to order additional books from this page, you may use the 'Back' button on your browser to return to this page from the Shopping Cart page.
If your browser does not support cookies or you choose not to accept them, you may use our previous non-cookie ordering system.
Alternately, you may order by sending an e-mail note, or by contacting us directly by phone or FAX.
If you do send a FAX, please make sure to include your full shipping address, a credit card number and expiration date, and the "Order No" of the volumes you would like. Also, please make sure to leave a phone number so that we can contact you in the event we encounter any problems filling your order.