Meyer Boswell Books, Inc.
A searchable bookshop, specializing in antiquarian law books
Meyer Boswell Books - Book Detail Page
- Erskine, Thomas
- Reflections on Gaming, Annuities, and Usurious Contracts. The Second Edition. ESTC T1507 [with a disbound copy of the original review of the work (conceivably by Maseres?) appearing in the 1777 Monthly Review laid in]
- Printed for T. Davies . . . J. Bew . . . and T. Walter [etc.], London, 1777.
- Erskine's first work, contending that the three subjects he treats are interrelated, are morally tainted, and should be closely regulated, proposing that reform legislation be enacted which would retroactively void or limit occurrences of all three
- Modern 1/4 calf over marbled boards, with Francis Maseres's ownership signature and his extensive notes and corrections throughout; the Taussig copy
- Book No.:
- $ 1250.00
- Gambling, law of usury, contracts, insurance law
How to Order BooksIf your browser supports and is set to accept cookies, you can click the 'Add to Order' button next to the selection you would like to order. The system will show you all the books in your shopping cart. If you wish to order additional books from this page, you may use the 'Back' button on your browser to return to this page from the Shopping Cart page.
If your browser does not support cookies or you choose not to accept them, you may use our previous non-cookie ordering system.
Alternately, you may order by sending an e-mail note, or by contacting us directly by phone or FAX.
If you do send a FAX, please make sure to include your full shipping address, a credit card number and expiration date, and the "Order No" of the volumes you would like. Also, please make sure to leave a phone number so that we can contact you in the event we encounter any problems filling your order.