Meyer Boswell Books, Inc.
A searchable bookshop, specializing in antiquarian law books
Meyer Boswell Books - Book Detail Page
- His Majesties Most Gracious Speech, Together with the Lord Chancellors, To the Two Houses of Parliament, at Their Prorogation, On Monday the Nineteenth of May, 1662. Wing C3170. Folio
- Printed, by John Bill and Christopher Barker [etc.], London, 1662.
- The speeches which evidenced Charles II's failure to achieve a measure of religious toleration, with the first session of the Cavalier Parliament prorogued and Machiavelli invoked ("an Author much studied . . . in this Kingdom") as a warning
- ?Original printed self wraps, disbound, definite browning, sound and usable, 23 pages; the Taussig copy
- Book No.:
- $ 650.00
- ENGLAND, Parliament, Religion, ITALY, political theory
How to Order BooksIf your browser supports and is set to accept cookies, you can click the 'Add to Order' button next to the selection you would like to order. The system will show you all the books in your shopping cart. If you wish to order additional books from this page, you may use the 'Back' button on your browser to return to this page from the Shopping Cart page.
If your browser does not support cookies or you choose not to accept them, you may use our previous non-cookie ordering system.
Alternately, you may order by sending an e-mail note, or by contacting us directly by phone or FAX.
If you do send a FAX, please make sure to include your full shipping address, a credit card number and expiration date, and the "Order No" of the volumes you would like. Also, please make sure to leave a phone number so that we can contact you in the event we encounter any problems filling your order.