Meyer Boswell Books, Inc.
A searchable bookshop, specializing in antiquarian law books
Meyer Boswell Books - Book Detail Page
- Townesend, George
- A Preparative to Pleading. Being A Work intended for the Instruction and Help of Young Clerks of the Court of Common Pleas. The Second Edition. Wing T1982. 8vo
- Printed by the Assigns of Richard and Edward Atkins [etc.], London, 1685.
- Townesend's principal work, with a substantial portion devoted to language, including English words Latinized, English among French, Latin among French, doubtful expressions, exposition of words, and the formality of writing, with authorities cited
- Contemporary sheep, quite rubbed, rebacked, much of the original spine laid back down, light browning, yet clean with good margins; the Taussig copy
- Book No.:
- $ 850.00
- pleading, legal dictionaries, introductory law
How to Order BooksIf your browser supports and is set to accept cookies, you can click the 'Add to Order' button next to the selection you would like to order. The system will show you all the books in your shopping cart. If you wish to order additional books from this page, you may use the 'Back' button on your browser to return to this page from the Shopping Cart page.
If your browser does not support cookies or you choose not to accept them, you may use our previous non-cookie ordering system.
Alternately, you may order by sending an e-mail note, or by contacting us directly by phone or FAX.
If you do send a FAX, please make sure to include your full shipping address, a credit card number and expiration date, and the "Order No" of the volumes you would like. Also, please make sure to leave a phone number so that we can contact you in the event we encounter any problems filling your order.