Meyer Boswell Books, Inc.
A searchable bookshop, specializing in antiquarian law books
Meyer Boswell Books - Book Detail Page
- Clark, George
- The Penal Statutes Abridged, and Alphabetically Arranged . . . To Which is Prefixed, A Collection of Maxims and Rules for the proper Exposition of Statutes . . . The Second Edition, with Great Additions . . . By George Wilson, Serjeant at Law. Not in Cowley
- Printed for Fielding and Walker [and two others], London, 1777.
- The rare, expanded edition, arranged alphabetically and prefaced by 58 maxims, specifying an offense's nature and penalties (for first and subsequent offenses) and the number of witnesses and magistrates needed for conviction; five copies in ESTC
- Contemporary calf, rubbed, rebacked, the spine gilt ruled and blind decorated, with a crimson morocco label, gilt, clean and crisp; the Taussig copy
- Book No.:
- $ 850.00
- criminal law, Abridgements, maxims
How to Order BooksIf your browser supports and is set to accept cookies, you can click the 'Add to Order' button next to the selection you would like to order. The system will show you all the books in your shopping cart. If you wish to order additional books from this page, you may use the 'Back' button on your browser to return to this page from the Shopping Cart page.
If your browser does not support cookies or you choose not to accept them, you may use our previous non-cookie ordering system.
Alternately, you may order by sending an e-mail note, or by contacting us directly by phone or FAX.
If you do send a FAX, please make sure to include your full shipping address, a credit card number and expiration date, and the "Order No" of the volumes you would like. Also, please make sure to leave a phone number so that we can contact you in the event we encounter any problems filling your order.