Meyer Boswell Books, Inc.
A searchable bookshop, specializing in antiquarian law books
Meyer Boswell Books - Book Detail Page
- The Triumphs of Justice over Unjust Judges: Exhibiting . . . III. The Crimes of Empson and Dudley . . . IV. The Proceedings of the Ship money Judges . . . To which is added VI. The Judges Oath, and some Observations thereupon [etc.]. Wing T2297. Folio
- Printed for Benjamin Harris, at the Stationers Arms [etc.], London, 1681.
- First edition of a populist tract of the first rank, recounting with approval the executions of oppressive judges and praising upright judges and juries (including Sir Matthew Hale and the jury acquitting Penn and Mead) and habeas corpus
- ?Original self wraps, disbound, quite browned, 36 pages, now preserved in a modern buckram folding case, its label gilt lettered; the Taussig copy
- Book No.:
- $ 1250.00
- trials, legal reform, juries, habeas corpus
How to Order BooksIf your browser supports and is set to accept cookies, you can click the 'Add to Order' button next to the selection you would like to order. The system will show you all the books in your shopping cart. If you wish to order additional books from this page, you may use the 'Back' button on your browser to return to this page from the Shopping Cart page.
If your browser does not support cookies or you choose not to accept them, you may use our previous non-cookie ordering system.
Alternately, you may order by sending an e-mail note, or by contacting us directly by phone or FAX.
If you do send a FAX, please make sure to include your full shipping address, a credit card number and expiration date, and the "Order No" of the volumes you would like. Also, please make sure to leave a phone number so that we can contact you in the event we encounter any problems filling your order.