Meyer Boswell Books, Inc.
A searchable bookshop, specializing in antiquarian law books
Meyer Boswell Books - Book Detail Page
- His Maiesties Declaration, Touching his proceedings in the late Assemblie and Conuention of Parliament. S.T.C. 9241. Quarto [with the front blank signature "A" preceding the title]
- Imprinted at London by Bonham Norton and Iohn Bill [etc.], London, 1622.
- James I defence of his dissolution of the Parliament of 1621, Coke having had his books and papers seized and been imprisoned in the Tower, leading "to a constitutional confrontation with the king over [the Commons] privilege of free speech"
- Modern 1/4 green morocco over marbled boards, the spine very lightly faded, light browning, the top margin cut a bit close, yet crisp; the Taussig copy
- Book No.:
- $ 1500.00
- Parliament, English constitutional law, freedom of speech
How to Order BooksIf your browser supports and is set to accept cookies, you can click the 'Add to Order' button next to the selection you would like to order. The system will show you all the books in your shopping cart. If you wish to order additional books from this page, you may use the 'Back' button on your browser to return to this page from the Shopping Cart page.
If your browser does not support cookies or you choose not to accept them, you may use our previous non-cookie ordering system.
Alternately, you may order by sending an e-mail note, or by contacting us directly by phone or FAX.
If you do send a FAX, please make sure to include your full shipping address, a credit card number and expiration date, and the "Order No" of the volumes you would like. Also, please make sure to leave a phone number so that we can contact you in the event we encounter any problems filling your order.