Meyer Boswell Books, Inc.
A searchable bookshop, specializing in antiquarian law books
Meyer Boswell Books - Book Detail Page
- A Decree of Starre-Chamber: Concerning Inmates, and diuided Tenements, in London or three miles about: Made the fourteenth of February last past. 1636 . S.T.C. 7756
- Imprinted . . . by Robert Barker [etc.], London, 1637.
- The decree central to "the most considerable, continuous, and best documented experiment in environmental control in the Common Law tradition", an opportunity lost with the Star Chamber's abolition in 1641, not to be revived until the 19th century
- Modern 1/4 calf, the title just shaved (touching the "A"), light browning, else crisp, with the colophon and initial "A" blank leaves; the Taussig copy
- Book No.:
- $ 1850.00
- Star Chamber, poor law, environmental law, London
How to Order BooksIf your browser supports and is set to accept cookies, you can click the 'Add to Order' button next to the selection you would like to order. The system will show you all the books in your shopping cart. If you wish to order additional books from this page, you may use the 'Back' button on your browser to return to this page from the Shopping Cart page.
If your browser does not support cookies or you choose not to accept them, you may use our previous non-cookie ordering system.
Alternately, you may order by sending an e-mail note, or by contacting us directly by phone or FAX.
If you do send a FAX, please make sure to include your full shipping address, a credit card number and expiration date, and the "Order No" of the volumes you would like. Also, please make sure to leave a phone number so that we can contact you in the event we encounter any problems filling your order.