Meyer Boswell Books, Inc.
A searchable bookshop, specializing in antiquarian law books
Meyer Boswell Books - Book Detail Page
- An Ordinance For Adjourning part of Easter Term. 1654. Whereas many abuses and corruptions are crept into the ordinary course and administration of Justice, both in Law and Equity . . . Saturday April 8, 1654 [etc.]. Wing C7127; Steele I, 3031
- Printed by William du-Gard, and Henry Hills [etc.], London, 1654.
- The ordinance launching Cromwell's effort to reform the courts, "one of the two innovative accomplishments of the protectorate", leading to the 1654 Chancery Ordinance (drafted by William Sheppard), reforms not fully realized until the 19th century
- Broadside measuring about 8x14 inches, left margin partly trimmed (no text affected), the imprint faint, light browning, sound; the Taussig copy
- Book No.:
- $ 1250.00
- courts, legal reform, English Commonwealth, Broadside
How to Order BooksIf your browser supports and is set to accept cookies, you can click the 'Add to Order' button next to the selection you would like to order. The system will show you all the books in your shopping cart. If you wish to order additional books from this page, you may use the 'Back' button on your browser to return to this page from the Shopping Cart page.
If your browser does not support cookies or you choose not to accept them, you may use our previous non-cookie ordering system.
Alternately, you may order by sending an e-mail note, or by contacting us directly by phone or FAX.
If you do send a FAX, please make sure to include your full shipping address, a credit card number and expiration date, and the "Order No" of the volumes you would like. Also, please make sure to leave a phone number so that we can contact you in the event we encounter any problems filling your order.