Meyer Boswell Books, Inc.
A searchable bookshop, specializing in antiquarian law books
Meyer Boswell Books - Book Detail Page
- The Compleat Sheriff: Wherein is set forth, His Office and Authority . . . Likewise of Under-Sheriffs and Their Deputies . . . Together with the Learning of Bail Bonds . . . To which is added, The Office and Duty of Coroners [etc.]. The Second Edition
- Printed by John Nutt, Assignee of Edward Sayer [etc.], London, 1710.
- Second edition of one of the few early works on the sheriff (and the coroner), praised by Holdsworth as "cover[ing] a great deal of ground", with separate chapters on the jury, on habeas corpus, and on escapes; uncommon, six copies in ESTC
- Modern 1/4 calf over marbled boards, a bit of minor staining, else clean and well preserved, with the advertising leaf; the Taussig copy
- Book No.:
- $ 550.00
- sheriffs, coroners, juries, habeas corpus, criminal law
How to Order BooksIf your browser supports and is set to accept cookies, you can click the 'Add to Order' button next to the selection you would like to order. The system will show you all the books in your shopping cart. If you wish to order additional books from this page, you may use the 'Back' button on your browser to return to this page from the Shopping Cart page.
If your browser does not support cookies or you choose not to accept them, you may use our previous non-cookie ordering system.
Alternately, you may order by sending an e-mail note, or by contacting us directly by phone or FAX.
If you do send a FAX, please make sure to include your full shipping address, a credit card number and expiration date, and the "Order No" of the volumes you would like. Also, please make sure to leave a phone number so that we can contact you in the event we encounter any problems filling your order.