Meyer Boswell Books, Inc.
A searchable bookshop, specializing in antiquarian law books
Meyer Boswell Books - Book Detail Page
- Weskett, John
- A Complete Digest of the Theory, Laws, and Practice of Insurance; Compiled from the best Authorities in different Languages . . . With a Preliminary Discourse; Wherein are delineated the very great Disorders which prevail in Affairs of Insurance [etc.]
- Printed for Elizabeth Lynch . . . in the Four Courts, Dublin, 1783.
- Only Irish edition of Weskett's comprehensive work, arranged as a digest and, in Holdsworth's words , providing "in an accessible form the information legal or otherwise which they [merchants] needed", all prompted by Weskett's view of needed reforms
- Contemporary calf, the spine gilt decorated, lightly rubbed, the joints just cracking but very firm, quite clean with good margins; the Taussig copy
- Book No.:
- $ 1250.00
- insurance law, legal reform
How to Order BooksIf your browser supports and is set to accept cookies, you can click the 'Add to Order' button next to the selection you would like to order. The system will show you all the books in your shopping cart. If you wish to order additional books from this page, you may use the 'Back' button on your browser to return to this page from the Shopping Cart page.
If your browser does not support cookies or you choose not to accept them, you may use our previous non-cookie ordering system.
Alternately, you may order by sending an e-mail note, or by contacting us directly by phone or FAX.
If you do send a FAX, please make sure to include your full shipping address, a credit card number and expiration date, and the "Order No" of the volumes you would like. Also, please make sure to leave a phone number so that we can contact you in the event we encounter any problems filling your order.