Meyer Boswell Books, Inc.
A searchable bookshop, specializing in antiquarian law books
Meyer Boswell Books - Book Detail Page
- Vernon, Christopher
- Considerations For regulating the Exchequer, In the more timely answering, better husbanding, and more orderly and safe conduct of the Revenues of the Crown into his Majesties Coffers, as hath been heretofore used by Sheriffes [etc.]. Wing V244
- Printed by Tho. Harper, and are to be sold by [four others], London, 1642.
- First edition of the first legal treatise on the Exchequer, exposing considerable corruption in its practice, written by one of its officials, to whom a substantial grant had been made "in consideration of his service in discovering sundry abuses"
- Contemporary unlettered double blind ruled sheep, skillfully repaired and refurbished, quite clean and crisp, with the errata leaf; the Taussig copy
- Book No.:
- $ 1500.00
- economics, sheriffs, taxation
How to Order BooksIf your browser supports and is set to accept cookies, you can click the 'Add to Order' button next to the selection you would like to order. The system will show you all the books in your shopping cart. If you wish to order additional books from this page, you may use the 'Back' button on your browser to return to this page from the Shopping Cart page.
If your browser does not support cookies or you choose not to accept them, you may use our previous non-cookie ordering system.
Alternately, you may order by sending an e-mail note, or by contacting us directly by phone or FAX.
If you do send a FAX, please make sure to include your full shipping address, a credit card number and expiration date, and the "Order No" of the volumes you would like. Also, please make sure to leave a phone number so that we can contact you in the event we encounter any problems filling your order.