Meyer Boswell Books, Inc.
A searchable bookshop, specializing in antiquarian law books
Meyer Boswell Books - Book Detail Page
- Bacon, Francis
- Three Speeches of The Right Honorable, Sir Francis Bacon Knight, then his Majesties Sollicitor Generall . . . Concerning the Post-Nati, Naturalization of the Scotch in England, Union of the Lawes of the Kingdomes [etc.]. Wing B337; Gibson 206
- Printed by Richard Badger, for Samuel Broun [etc.], London, 1641.
- Much of the fruits of Bacon's first major post (as Solicitor General to James I), "an important step in the development of his jurisprudence" and in forming his theory of natural law, all expressions of James' proposed union of England and Scotland
- Modern speckled calf, double blind ruled, gilt ruled and lettered, somewhat browned, else well preserved with excellent margins; the Taussig copy
- Book No.:
- $ 1500.00
- SCOTLAND, Comparative Law, natural law, jurisprudence
How to Order BooksIf your browser supports and is set to accept cookies, you can click the 'Add to Order' button next to the selection you would like to order. The system will show you all the books in your shopping cart. If you wish to order additional books from this page, you may use the 'Back' button on your browser to return to this page from the Shopping Cart page.
If your browser does not support cookies or you choose not to accept them, you may use our previous non-cookie ordering system.
Alternately, you may order by sending an e-mail note, or by contacting us directly by phone or FAX.
If you do send a FAX, please make sure to include your full shipping address, a credit card number and expiration date, and the "Order No" of the volumes you would like. Also, please make sure to leave a phone number so that we can contact you in the event we encounter any problems filling your order.