Meyer Boswell Books, Inc.
A searchable bookshop, specializing in antiquarian law books
Meyer Boswell Books - Book Detail Page
- The Traveller's Guide, and, The Country's Safety. Being A Declaration of the Laws of England against High way men, or Robbers upon the Road . . . Illustrated with variety of Law Cases, Historical Remarks, Customs, Usages [and] Authorities. Wing M50
- Printed by the Assigns of Richard and Edward Atkins [etc.], London, 1683.
- First edition of the first work devoted exclusively to the laws protecting travellers, invoking the "hue and cry" and anticipating the many complications (thief takers, approvers, accomplices turning state's evidence) to ensue in the 18th century
- Contemporary sheep, somewhat rubbed and marked, else crisp and well preserved, with the first blank and the two advertising leaves; the Taussig copy
- Book No.:
- $ 2250.00
- law of highways, criminal law
How to Order BooksIf your browser supports and is set to accept cookies, you can click the 'Add to Order' button next to the selection you would like to order. The system will show you all the books in your shopping cart. If you wish to order additional books from this page, you may use the 'Back' button on your browser to return to this page from the Shopping Cart page.
If your browser does not support cookies or you choose not to accept them, you may use our previous non-cookie ordering system.
Alternately, you may order by sending an e-mail note, or by contacting us directly by phone or FAX.
If you do send a FAX, please make sure to include your full shipping address, a credit card number and expiration date, and the "Order No" of the volumes you would like. Also, please make sure to leave a phone number so that we can contact you in the event we encounter any problems filling your order.