Meyer Boswell Books, Inc.
A searchable bookshop, specializing in antiquarian law books
Meyer Boswell Books - Book Detail Page
- Babington, Zachary
- Advice to Grand Jurors in Cases of Blood . . . Asserting . . . that the Grand Jury ought to find it Murther, where their Evidence is that the Party intended to be Indicted had his Hands in Blood, and did kill the other Person [etc.]. Wing B248
- Printed for John Amery at the Peacock [etc.], London, 1677.
- First edition of Babington's only work, contending that grand juries must return "true bills" in all murder cases, mitigating circumstances to be left to the petit jury, "especially (in Holdsworth's words) in cases of homicide arising out of duels"
- Contemporary unlettered blind ruled sheep, somewhat rubbed, else especially clean and crisp, with the imprimatur leaf; the Taussig copy
- Book No.:
- $ 850.00
- criminal law, Grand Jury Charges, juries, Law of Duels
How to Order BooksIf your browser supports and is set to accept cookies, you can click the 'Add to Order' button next to the selection you would like to order. The system will show you all the books in your shopping cart. If you wish to order additional books from this page, you may use the 'Back' button on your browser to return to this page from the Shopping Cart page.
If your browser does not support cookies or you choose not to accept them, you may use our previous non-cookie ordering system.
Alternately, you may order by sending an e-mail note, or by contacting us directly by phone or FAX.
If you do send a FAX, please make sure to include your full shipping address, a credit card number and expiration date, and the "Order No" of the volumes you would like. Also, please make sure to leave a phone number so that we can contact you in the event we encounter any problems filling your order.