Meyer Boswell Books, Inc.
A searchable bookshop, specializing in antiquarian law books
Meyer Boswell Books - Book Detail Page
- The Contentes of this boke. Fyrste the boke for a Justice of peace. The boke that teacheth to kepe a court Baron, or a lete [and] a courte hundred. The boke[s] called returna Brevium [and] Carta Foedi [and] the kynge's Escheker [etc.]. S.T.C. 14877
- In aedibus Thomae Bertheleti [imprints vary], London, 1544.
- The collection of highly practical treatises designed for justices of the peace, sheriffs, bailiffs and other local officials, this being the edition selected by Holdsworth as representative, its contents termed "a useful handbook [and] essential"
- Modern speckled calf, all edges gilt, bound by Sangorski & Sutcliffe, Huntington Library duplicate, quite clean and even luscious; the Taussig copy
- Book No.:
- $ 6750.00
- justices of peace, Every Man Law Books, courts, Exchequer, sheriffs, Forms & Form Books
How to Order BooksIf your browser supports and is set to accept cookies, you can click the 'Add to Order' button next to the selection you would like to order. The system will show you all the books in your shopping cart. If you wish to order additional books from this page, you may use the 'Back' button on your browser to return to this page from the Shopping Cart page.
If your browser does not support cookies or you choose not to accept them, you may use our previous non-cookie ordering system.
Alternately, you may order by sending an e-mail note, or by contacting us directly by phone or FAX.
If you do send a FAX, please make sure to include your full shipping address, a credit card number and expiration date, and the "Order No" of the volumes you would like. Also, please make sure to leave a phone number so that we can contact you in the event we encounter any problems filling your order.