Meyer Boswell Books, Inc.
A searchable bookshop, specializing in antiquarian law books
Meyer Boswell Books - Book Detail Page
- Fortescue, John
- The Difference Between an Absolute and Limited Monarchy; As it more particularly regards the English Constitution . . . Faithfully Transcribed from the MS. Copy in the Bodleian Library . . . Published with some Remarks by John Fortescue-Aland [etc.]
- Printed by W. Bowyer in White-Fryars, for E. Parker [etc.], London, 1714.
- First edition of "the earliest constitutional treatise written in the English language", one of Fortescue's major works, written by him in the 1470's, its modern edition (by Charles Plummer) published under the title 'The Governance of England'
- Contemporary speckled, panelled, Cambridge style calf, the joints cracked and repaired, new endpapers, else clean and usable; the Taussig copy
- Book No.:
- $ 1100.00
- 15TH CENTURY, Comparative Law, English constitutional law, Parliament, political theory
How to Order BooksIf your browser supports and is set to accept cookies, you can click the 'Add to Order' button next to the selection you would like to order. The system will show you all the books in your shopping cart. If you wish to order additional books from this page, you may use the 'Back' button on your browser to return to this page from the Shopping Cart page.
If your browser does not support cookies or you choose not to accept them, you may use our previous non-cookie ordering system.
Alternately, you may order by sending an e-mail note, or by contacting us directly by phone or FAX.
If you do send a FAX, please make sure to include your full shipping address, a credit card number and expiration date, and the "Order No" of the volumes you would like. Also, please make sure to leave a phone number so that we can contact you in the event we encounter any problems filling your order.