Meyer Boswell Books, Inc.
A searchable bookshop, specializing in antiquarian law books
Meyer Boswell Books - Book Detail Page
- Fielding, Henry
- A Charge Delivered to the Grand Jury, at the Sessions of the Peace Held for the City and Liberty of Westminster, &c. On Thursday the 29th of June, 1749. Published By Order of the Court, and at the unanimous Request of the Gentlemen of the Grand Jury
- Printed for A. Millar . . . in the Strand, London, 1749.
- Arguably the most famous grand jury charge ever delivered, "a masterly and assured model of its kind", citing Bracton, Coke, Hale and Hawkins inter alia, and setting forth Fielding's views on the state of English society and its needed reforms
- Modern 3/4 calf over marbled boards, gilt lettered, the title somewhat browned and with a circular stain, else quite clean; the Taussig copy
- Book No.:
- $ 1250.00
- Grand Jury Charges, legal reform, English Law
How to Order BooksIf your browser supports and is set to accept cookies, you can click the 'Add to Order' button next to the selection you would like to order. The system will show you all the books in your shopping cart. If you wish to order additional books from this page, you may use the 'Back' button on your browser to return to this page from the Shopping Cart page.
If your browser does not support cookies or you choose not to accept them, you may use our previous non-cookie ordering system.
Alternately, you may order by sending an e-mail note, or by contacting us directly by phone or FAX.
If you do send a FAX, please make sure to include your full shipping address, a credit card number and expiration date, and the "Order No" of the volumes you would like. Also, please make sure to leave a phone number so that we can contact you in the event we encounter any problems filling your order.