Meyer Boswell Books, Inc.
A searchable bookshop, specializing in antiquarian law books
Meyer Boswell Books - Book Detail Page
- Fielding, Henry
- An Enquiry Into the Causes of the late Increase of Robbers, &c. With Some Proposals for Remedying this Growing Evil. In Which . . . the Laws that relate to the Provision for the Poor, and to the Punishment of Felons are largely and freely examined
- Printed for A. Millar, opposite to Katharine-Street [etc.], London, 1751.
- First edition of the novelist Henry Fielding's famed proposals for reforming English criminal law, derived from his first-hand experiences as a London magistrate, "easily the most distinguished and ambitious of Fielding's social [publications]"
- Modern 1/4 green morocco over cloth boards, gilt lettered, light browning, else a good usable copy with ample margins; the Taussig copy
- Book No.:
- $ 425.00
- criminal law, legal reform, capital punishment, Law and Literature, poor law
How to Order BooksIf your browser supports and is set to accept cookies, you can click the 'Add to Order' button next to the selection you would like to order. The system will show you all the books in your shopping cart. If you wish to order additional books from this page, you may use the 'Back' button on your browser to return to this page from the Shopping Cart page.
If your browser does not support cookies or you choose not to accept them, you may use our previous non-cookie ordering system.
Alternately, you may order by sending an e-mail note, or by contacting us directly by phone or FAX.
If you do send a FAX, please make sure to include your full shipping address, a credit card number and expiration date, and the "Order No" of the volumes you would like. Also, please make sure to leave a phone number so that we can contact you in the event we encounter any problems filling your order.