Meyer Boswell Books, Inc.
A searchable bookshop, specializing in antiquarian law books
Meyer Boswell Books - Book Detail Page
- The Trial of Joseph Wall, Esq. Late Governor of Goree, for the Wilful Murder of Benjamin Armstrong, A Serjeant of the African Corps, At the Old Bailey, On Wednesday, January 20, 1802. Third Edition
- Printed by A. Macpherson, Russell court . . . for J. Lee [etc.], London, n.d..
- A seemingly unrecorded edition of the trial and execution of Wall, who had sentenced Armstrong without trial to the inhuman (and deadly) punishment of 800 rope lashes; no copy in OCLC or COPAC denoted a third edition and with this pagination
- Modern calf-backed boards, the title and last leaf darkened, else a good copy; 22 pages, with the jury charge in smaller type following page 18
- Book No.:
- $ 450.00
- trials, criminal law, military law
How to Order BooksIf your browser supports and is set to accept cookies, you can click the 'Add to Order' button next to the selection you would like to order. The system will show you all the books in your shopping cart. If you wish to order additional books from this page, you may use the 'Back' button on your browser to return to this page from the Shopping Cart page.
If your browser does not support cookies or you choose not to accept them, you may use our previous non-cookie ordering system.
Alternately, you may order by sending an e-mail note, or by contacting us directly by phone or FAX.
If you do send a FAX, please make sure to include your full shipping address, a credit card number and expiration date, and the "Order No" of the volumes you would like. Also, please make sure to leave a phone number so that we can contact you in the event we encounter any problems filling your order.