Meyer Boswell Books, Inc.
A searchable bookshop, specializing in antiquarian law books
Meyer Boswell Books - Book Detail Page
- The Triumphs of Justice over Unjust Judges. Exhibiting I. The Names and Crimes of Four and Forty Judges, hanged . . . IV. The Proceedings of the Ship-Money Judges . . . VII. The Case of William Penn, for a Riot in Fenchurch Street
- For J.J. Franklin (Grand Nephew to Dr. Franklin) [etc.], London, 1817.
- A populist tract of the first rank originally published in 1681, recounting with approval the executions of oppressive judges and praising upright judges and juries (including Sir Matthew Hale and the jury acquitting Penn and Mead) and habeas corpus
- Original ?self-wraps, disbound, light browning and a very little foxing, else sound, 36 pages; uncommon, four copies in OCLC in this country
- Book No.:
- $ 650.00
- trials, Radicals, juries, habeas corpus
How to Order BooksIf your browser supports and is set to accept cookies, you can click the 'Add to Order' button next to the selection you would like to order. The system will show you all the books in your shopping cart. If you wish to order additional books from this page, you may use the 'Back' button on your browser to return to this page from the Shopping Cart page.
If your browser does not support cookies or you choose not to accept them, you may use our previous non-cookie ordering system.
Alternately, you may order by sending an e-mail note, or by contacting us directly by phone or FAX.
If you do send a FAX, please make sure to include your full shipping address, a credit card number and expiration date, and the "Order No" of the volumes you would like. Also, please make sure to leave a phone number so that we can contact you in the event we encounter any problems filling your order.